If it has two wheels, a chain and requires muscle power to move, I've probably ridden it. I've had some good adventures on my bikes and always have my eye out for a new one.

Monday, May 28, 2007

Deep into the pain cave at Leonardtown Crit

Here's a couple pics of me at the Leonardtown Criterium, right here in SoMD. In both I am at the front however one is before I spectacularly blew up and one is after I recovered a bit. Little training and an open bar at a wedding reception the night before do not engender high performance. However I was top 7 for the first 5 laps. Then the wheels came off and I rocketed out the back of the pack. Oh well, at least I had a brief bit of glory and did lead for a lap. BEFORE:


AFTER:

A sharp eye will note the mid-90s era Campy Shamal wheels, much like Indurain used, and the 1997 Campy record gruppo on the 2006 Litespeed Ghisallo. Someday I'll get a new gruppo, but this stuff just keeps on working!
The first pic can also be seen at gamjams.net if you're interested. Thanks to Mancil of PV for these shots.


2 Comments:

Blogger Herbert said...

Nice pics and you are a stud.

9:07 PM

 
Blogger Pedro said...

Thanks, Herbie. But as we all know I am no stud, but someone who knows how find a photo op. Even when I'm off the back it looks like I'm in front!

9:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home