If it has two wheels, a chain and requires muscle power to move, I've probably ridden it. I've had some good adventures on my bikes and always have my eye out for a new one.

Monday, June 20, 2005

Put a fork in me...


Acted as a course marshal for and participated in the AVC-sponsored Solarex Points Race in Frederick, MD. It's been a while since I trained worth a damn or raced, due to the arrival of Kid #2. But it's been a good trade-off. Anyhoo, the price was right and I entered the Cat 3 race. I won the first lap, dropped back in the pack to catch my breath, and then took off on another flyer a couple laps later. That did it. I redlined, got swallowed up and shot out the back. I spent the next several laps time-trialing with no hope of catching back on. I needed the training so I stayed on the course until the ref pulled me. I think he could have let me get lapped and work in the peloton again. The old farts (masters) and Cat 5's got to do it so why not me? Hopefully, this will provide the impetus to get me on a more strict training regimen and ready to take part in the TTT this year. Whoot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home